-
May 10th, 2005, 11:55 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Heres a killer band, I bet alot of you guys would like. They are acutally big Social Distortion fans, and cover at least one of their tunes that I know of, "Sometimes I do" off Somewhere between Heaven & Hell. I saw em in Cherokee, NC at the end of April 05. They Jam. Soem of their music is modern rock,punk with some country hillbilly mix in it, its still jamming rock in roll, but u can tell some of their influences. Other tracks are just pure hard rock and roll in your face.
Here's their webpage, www.leshonkymoretonkies.com , You can listen to 5 of their tracks on their homepage. You can also listen to some more of their tracks on their myspace page.
http://www.myspace.com/leshonkymoretonkies
They have a killer version of "Driving My life away" , an older Eddie Rabit hit which is modernized. Let me know what you guys think, if you like em,etc. I guess they are fairly new to the scene, but I think they sound so good, I think they could be big as Social D or Green Day or any of these other bands who have made mainstream.
PS - Russ if your reading, these guys are going to be at the Corner Lounge in Knoxville, TN on the 19th (Thursday) of May. They said they would play some Social D.
<center>
</center>
<CENTER>http://www.leshonkymoretonkies.com
<A
-
May 11th, 2005, 12:56 AM
#2
Kematter
Guest
Good stuff. Thanks for the info.
-
May 11th, 2005, 02:11 AM
#3
Inactive Member
These guys sound excellent.
-
May 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I just checked their samples, they saved the best for the CD. You can hear "Driving My Life Away" from the myspace webage. It's pure rock. And rest of the tracks on their CD are more rockish then the ones they sampled. Don't Want to Be Your Hero is awesome. Anyone want a sample of that song, shoot me an email.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks